MaCSEER, a proprietary methodology has been used by business of all sizes to assess the organisation’s marketing practices, its employee initiatives and operations. MaCSEER reviews the performance of a business in six areas: Marketing Orientation, Marketing Organisation, New Customer Marketing, Existing Customer Marketing, Internal Marketing, and Service Quality.
The following illustrative questions reflect the scope of our inquiry into the six areas. Based on performance relative to competitors in each of these six areas, we award performance ratings from one to five stars for each area.
1. Marketing Orientation
- Is marketing viewed as everyone’s role or just the marketing department’s role?
- Do senior managers interact regularly with customers?
- Does the business engage in formal marketing research to understand the needs and satisfaction levels of customers?
2. Marketing Organisation
- Is there a high-level marketing officer with adequate authority over the business activities that affect customer satisfaction?
- Is there a good working relationship between the Head of Marketing and the CEO?
- Are the various functional areas well coordinated to ensure the delivery of the right customer experience and customer satisfaction?
3. New Customer Marketing
- Are formal strategies in place to attract new customers?
- Are these strategies based on a good understanding of potential market segments and their needs?
- Are sufficient resources being devoted to new customer marketing?
- Is the organisation capable of adapting its operations to the needs of new customers?
4. Existing Customer Marketing
- Are formal strategies in place to market effectively to existing customers?
- Are sufficient resources devoted to existing customer marketing?
- Are existing customers being made aware on a regular basis that their patronage is valued?
- Is sufficient attention being paid to solving customer problems and minimise attrition?
5. Internal Marketing
- Does the business have high standards about who is hired?
- Are employees properly trained to perform their service roles?
- How satisfied are the employees with their jobs?
- Does the organisation exhibit considerable care and concern in dealing with its employees?
6. Service Quality
- Does the business offer tangible evidence of the quality of its services?
- Are services performed right the first time and delivered on time?
- How willing are the employees to solve customer problems?
- Do the employees consistently display courteous behaviour toward customers and convey their respect for the time and money customers spend on company’s premises?
MaCSEER requires data inputs from many different sources, and the entire methodology is based on the tenet of triangulation. Triangulation is broadly defined as “the combination of methodologies in the study of the same phenomena.” The triangulation metaphor is derived from navigation and military strategies that use multiple reference points to locate an object’s exact position. Triangulation ensures consistency and comprehensiveness in research projects.
We use published information sources, employee focus groups, customer focus groups, discussions with senior and middle managers, business financial data, and existing research/new pertaining to customer and employee satisfaction to score the business on the six areas of MaCSEER. At the conclusion of our study, a written report of between 20-25 pages is submitted to the client with specific recommendations that the client needs to undertake to enhance performance in the six MaCSEER areas.
Book a Phone Consultation Today
Bullseye CX Services
Explore Bullseye CX’s suite of powerful and fully managed products and service that can help your business grow.